Call for Speakers
An Invitation to Present
Are you interested in a premier speaking opportunity at the 2016 Trimble Dimensions User Conference?
Scheduled for November 7 – 9, 2016 at The Venetian, Las Vegas, NV, this world-renowned conference provides an opportunity for you to share your knowledge with an audience of thousands of professionals. Join a prestigious group of industry leaders who provide valuable information about positioning solutions.
Trimble attendees expect presenters with experience in presenting at larger conferences. We select the most qualified speakers based on the following criteria and expect our speakers to adhere to the following;
- Speakers are chosen based on the strength of proposals and their relevance to the industries we service.
- We expect our speakers will have superior communication skills and technical background.
- All speakers will perform specific tasks by a specific date on the Speaker Resource Center including the following:
- Upload your presentation and class materials
- Specify any special audio-visual or software requirements
- Provide a biography in the correct format
Please provide speaker name, organization name, complete address, office phone, mobile phone, fax and email address. Submit the title of the abstract.
Next, you are required to choose which industry is most appropriate for your presentation. Choose from the list below:
- Building Construction
- Building Design
- Building Operation & Maintenance
- Civil Engineering & Design
- Drilling & Piling
- Mapping & GIS
- Marine Construction
- Mobile Mapping
- Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing
- Public Administration
- Quarry & Aggregates
- Transporting & Logistics
The next step in the process is to provide a clear, concise 200-word abstract. When developing your abstract, keep in mind our philosophy is all presentations must be non-commercial in nature. Abstracts should not contain any graphics or pictures.
In addition, you are required to provide in 10 words or less three learning objectives for your presentation. In order to submit your presentation for PDH certification, we must have the three learning objectives completed. Without this information, we will reject your abstract. Your three learning objectives should include the following:
- “After this class, attendees will be able to….”
- Be action-oriented and brief
- Related to tasks, skills and knowledge.
Expenses for Dimensions 2016 Speakers
If chosen to present at the conference, you will receive a $850 credit towards your registration fee*. This very significant discount entitles you to the following:
- Admission to all general and track sessions
- Entry into The Expo
- Conference giveaways and handout materials
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Reception Monday evening
- Entry into a special event on Wednesday Evening
Invited speakers are responsible for any additional incurred expenses. Trimble does not cover the following expenses: Individual travel, lodging, additional meals and incidental expenses.
* Accepted speakers will receive a $850 credit towards their registration fee of $1295.
Important PDH Accreditation
One of the unique qualities of Dimensions 2016 is the capability for our attendees to receive Professional Development Hours (PDH) accreditation for attending sessions at the conference. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when putting together your abstract:
- Develop a descriptive title.
- Provide a concise abstract that deals with the topics covered, the issues to be discussed and a description of the solutions that will be presented.
For those accepted to speak, we require a concise bio of the presenter.
- Abstracts may also cover life learning processes such as case studies, demonstrations and laboratory sessions but in all cases must discuss the problems to be addressed and solutions presented.
Of particular concern to Missouri University of Science and Technology is all presentations must not be commercial in nature. If a presentation is selling or marketing a service or product, it will not qualify for PDH credits or chosen to be presented at Dimensions.
*For More Information Click Here
Basic Theme: The abstract must convey the basic theme of the presentation.
Value of the Subject: The presentation scope and originality must be of interest to a significant number of conference attendees.
Topic: The abstract/presentation topic must be relevant to our attendees.
Abstracts: All abstracts must be submitted no later than June 30, 2016. If selected, all presentations must be non-commercial – all sales promotions for products or services disguised as proposals will not be selected.
Your biography must meet the following criteria - If not complete, your abstract will not be accepted.
- Keep your biography brief – no more than 150 words.
- Include your current position. If appropriate, add in a brief mention of your work history and experience should it be relevant to your topic and audience.
- Always include your academic qualifications, awards and a reference to any published work.
Important Dates to Remember*
|June 30, 2016
|July 10, 2016
||Begin sending notifications to accepted speakers
|July 18, 2016
||Begin sending notifications to declined speakers
|September 4, 2016
||First presentation draft deadline
|September 18, 2016
||Presenters receive feedback
|October 2, 2016
||Final presentation deadline
|*Dates subject to change.
If Accepted – Creating your Presentation
Should you be selected to speak at Dimensions 2016, you can expect to prepare a presentation for use at the conference. Trimble encourages our speakers to consider the use of video and other mediums for your presentation.
Here are a few guidelines for a successful presentation:
- Project Overview
- Field Data Collection Methods
- Methods used to collect field data
- Equipment used to collect field data
- Field data collection workflow
- Process Data
- Data process workflow
- Equipment and software used to process field data
- Analyze Data
- Analyze data workflow
- Software used to analyze field data
- Model Data
- Model process workflow
- Software and tools used to model data
- Customer Deliverables
- Project results
- Customer deliverable formats
If you have questions, send an email to: Trimble_dimensions@trimble.com